Today I decided to go with something different. Instead of making the usual and plain pasta , I searched around for a simple twist of tastes and it didn't take long until I found exactly what I was looking for.
Creamy Asparagus-Chicken-Bow-Ties is the recipe of the day folks! It's the perfect Savory Saturday food-fix that definitely does not disappoint. I found this recipe while I was shuffling through some cookbooks at the Barnes & Noble up the street. Just another one of those "quick and easy weeknight meals" books. But really, any cookbook with "quick and easy" will always get my attention because of three words- college student budget.
- 4 cups uncooked bow-tie (farfalle) pasta (8 oz) $2.32
- 8 oz fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces, or 1 box (9 oz) Green Giant® frozen asparagus cuts $3.98
- 1 package (8oz) sliced fresh mushrooms (3cups) $1.98
- 1 container (8oz) chive-and-onion cream cheese spread $2.58
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese $2.32
- 1/3 cup milk (Quart- $2.52)
- 1/2 lb deli rotisserie chicken (from 2- to 2 1/2-lb chicken), cut into bite-size strips (2 cups) $8.88
- Cook pasta as directed on package, adding asparagus and mushrooms for the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain and return to saucepan.
- In small bowl, mix cream cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and the milk until smooth. Stir cheese mixture and chicken into pasta mixture.
- Cook over medium heat about 2 minutes, stirring gently, until pasta is evenly coated with sauce and mixture is thoroughly heated. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese.
Four servings / 30 minutes
This is perfect for all you college kids who need some "end of the year" celebration meals with your buddies or maybe just a quick-fix dinner idea for that significant other! Either way, you won't be disappointed!